Thursday, April 22, 2010


It has been a while since I sat down and wrote. I first have to start off by saying I FEEL GREAT! How amazing is that? After 2 weeks of antibiotics from the blood infection and having a tight control of my diabetes...it has been like someone turned a light switch and there is now life in me. It's unbelievable how far I've come...from laying on the couch with no energy to move to an abundance of energy. I am so thankful....seriously...I know people say that all the time but I'm filled with appreciation that I'm ok and I'm gonna be ok.

Yesterday, something odd happened to me. I was driving home and I was sitting at a light waiting for it to turn green. I noticed a car across from me with a woman in it waiting for her light as well. I'm not sure what made me even stare at her...usually, I'm in my own world. I'm usually thinking about the day ahead of me or thinking about things in my life. Maybe it's selfish but my driving time has almost become my time...and I enjoy it. As I stared at this woman further, I noticed she was crying. I saw her sobbing into a tissue. She looked like she was in so much pain and it began to break my heart. I began to think about all the things that could be happening to her to make her so sad...maybe a family member died, or maybe she was going through a divorce or maybe she just felt like she could not take it anymore. I began to cry(for those of you that do not know me...I'm an emotional basket case). At that very moment, my light turned green and so did her light. For the first time ever, I wanted the light to stay red. We both started driving and for about 1 second she was right in front of me and I saw the pain close up and all I wanted to do was hug her. Her face was red for the prolonged crying and her eyes were swollen. She drove away and I continued home. I started thinking of what an impact this woman was having on me and how crazy it was. All I could do was pray. I prayed out loud in my car the whole way home for her. I don't even know her name or even why she was so upset but I prayed.

Not sure why this had such an impact on me. I think it may be because I was her a month ago. I felt so sick and all I did was cry and feel sorry for myself because I felt miserable. Maybe when I was sitting at a light someone prayed for me because I looked incredibly sad. My heart broke for her. I think I'll do more of that....going outside of myself and look at my surroundings. Something so small had such a huge impact.

2 comments:

  1. funny, kelly, i was crying in my car on the way to work tuesday, and feeling silly... who knows...maybe that impacted someone, too?
    I'm so happy that you are doing better!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kelly, I think we might be the same person.

    ReplyDelete